What is Inspiration?
This post will answer the meaning of What is Inspiration?
Inspiration Definition (Reference- English Collins Dictionary)
- Stimulation or arousal of the mind, feelings, etc., to special or unusual activity or creativity
- The state or quality of being so stimulated or aroused
- Someone or something that causes this state
- An idea or action resulting from such a state
- (Life Sciences and Allied Applications / Physiology) the act or process of inhaling; breathing in
Definition of Inspiration (Reference- Oxford Dictionary)
- The process that takes place when somebody sees or hears something that causes them to have exciting new ideas or makes them want to create something, especially in art, music or literature
- A person or thing that is the reason why somebody creates or does something
- A person or thing that makes you want to be better, more successful, etc
- A sudden good idea
Inspiration is the act or power of exercising an elevating or stimulating influence upon the intellect or emotions; the result of such influence which quickens or stimulates; as, the inspiration of occasion, of art, etc. (Reference:Wikiquote)
Let us take one famous example:
Newton sits under the apple tree. An apple falls and hits him on the head. He suddenly becomes excited and full of energy as an idea for the theory of gravity comes to him and he writes it down in his notebook.
In this story, the apple can be called an inspiration as it caused the enthusiasm and the sudden idea. The sudden idea is an inspiration and so is his state of enthusiasm.
Inspirations is about finding something else that is inspiring (amazing ideas, people, nature), having that inspiration breathed into you and then taking action on it. Creating, doing, and inspiring others to ACTION.
*To understand what inspiration truly is, just step out of your own way. Do not allow your own inspiration to get blocked with excuses. Believe…that you have something important to contribute, and then take action and start doing it. The inspiration will follow.
*If you wait to be inspired before you take action, you may find that you are not taking much action. Try getting started on something, and trust that the inspiration will follow.